Announcements Open Letter: Stop the war on Syria’s hospitals

Ethical aspects of the Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme

S S Nair

DOI: 10.20529/IJME.2011.038


Abstract

This paper identifies some ethical concerns regarding the Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme (RNTCP). Only 10% of those with chest symptoms visiting public health facilities get specific treatment as they are diagnosed with TB.The remaining 90% who suffer from non-TB diseases are not given scientific treatment. This compartmental approach denies treatment to millions of people with chest symptoms. It has also eroded the popularity of public health facilities.

Full Text

HTML PDF

Keywords

N/A

Refbacks

There are currently no refbacks.

Article Views

PDF Downloads

Click here to support US