Issues of palliative & end-of-life care and euthanasia
- Rajya Sabha TV Vishesh: On Organ Donation accessed on Sept 7, 2016
- फिरजिंदगी...' (संपूर्ण चित्रपट) – Phir Zindagi... (Full Movie) Accessed on Sept 7, 2016
Published on Dec 4, 2015
The story of how organ donation has the potential of changing lives has been beautifully portrayed in 'PhirZindagi' – a film written and directed by the award winning duo Sumitra Bhave & Sunil Sukthankar. It sheds light on the complicated and emotionally charged process of organ donation.
अवयवदानाविषयीसमाजातव्यापकजाणीवनिर्माणव्हावी, याहेतूनं झेडटीसीसीच्या पुणे विभागानं प्राज फाऊंडेशनच्या सहकार्यानं 'फिरजिंदगी...' या लघुचित्रपटाची निर्मिती केली आहे. सुप्रसिद्ध दिग्दर्शक सुमित्राभावे – सुनील सुकथनकर यांनी या चित्रपटाचं दिग्दर्शन केलं आहे.
- Palliative Care, Kerala Published on Sep 2, 2015: A documentary on the Pain and Palliative care unit of Medical College, Kozhikode.
- Atul Gawande on death - The New Yorker Festival – The New Yorker Published on Jul 22, 2014
Atul Gawande talks about death at the 2010 New Yorker Festival.
- Atul Gawande "Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End" Published on Oct 27, 2014
Available from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDdtAiTrwt4
This event was part of the Department of Pediatrics Grand Rounds lecture series and was co-sponsored by the Bucksbaum Institute for Clinical Excellence, the Institute of Politics, and the MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics at the University of Chicago. These entities separately host lectures and public programs during the year and this event was a collaboration between all four groups. This year's MacLean Center lecture series is focused on end of life issues, which makes Dr. Gawande's book especially fitting