The First National Bioethics Conference
Indian Journal of Medical Ethics (IJME)
November 25, 26, and 27, 2005
YMCA International House, Mumbai Central, Mumbai
The First National Bioethics Conference of the IJME is being collaboratively organized with 20 organisations and institutions from India. It aims to establish a regular platform for coming together, sharing experiences and fostering cooperation among individuals, organizations and institutions concerned with bioethics in India.
Ethical challenges in health care: Global context, Indian reality
FOCUS SUB-THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE:
- Ethical challenges in HIV/AIDS
- Ethics of life and death in the era of hi-tech health care
- Ethical responsibilities in violence, conflict and religious strife
- Ethics and equity in clinical trials
The conference will have parallel academic sessions for presentation of papers; group sessions for workshops, lectures and panel discussions; film viewings and other media on ethics. There will be daily plenary sessions with four keynote addresses by leading exponents of bioethics. The last date for submitting abstracts for papers and outlines of workshops and other activities is July 31, 2005.
(01) Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai; (02) Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Med. Sciences & Tech., Trivandrum; (03) Sama, New Delhi; (04) Dr. Suneeta Krishnan (Fogarty International Bioethics Project), Bangalore; (05) National AIDS Research Institute, Pune; (06) Masum, Pune; (07) Locost, Vadodara; (08) Lokmanya Tilak Medical College & Municipal Gen. Hosp, Mumbai; (09) KEM Hospital/Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai; (10) Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai; (11) Institute of Legal Medicine, Chennai; (12) Independent Ethics Committee, Mumbai; (13) Gujarat Institute for Development Research, Ahmedabad; (14) Forum for Medical Ethics Society, Mumbai; (15) Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore; (16) CEHAT, Mumbai; (17) Centre for Studies in Ethics and Rights, Mumbai; (18) Centre for Women’s Development Studies, New Delhi; (19) Association for Consumer Action on Health and Safety, Mumbai, (20) All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi.
NATIONAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
- Dr. Sunil K. Pandya (Editor Emeritus, Indian Journal of Medical Ethics)
- Dr. P. N. Tandon (President, National Brain Research Centre, Manesar)
- Dr. Vasantha Muthuswamy (Sr. Deputy DG, Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi)
- Dr. Jayaprakash Muliyil, (Principal, Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore)
For more information, please visit: www.issuesinmedicalethics.org
Please submit abstracts to:email@example.com
SECRETARIAT:Indian Journal of Medical Ethics c/o CSER, 4thFloor, Candelar, 26 St. John Baptist Road, Bandra West, Mumbai 400050, India. Tel: (91)(22) 2640 6703.